Girl, 18, Jailed For Murder

By M. Welemonga iCiapha, II

An 18-year old girl who was investigated for allegedly killing a woman at Bernard Farm has been jailed at the Monrovia Central prison after being taken to court on Monday.

Suspect Satta Morris allegedly stabbed WeedorLamah, 29, on her neck with a small kitchen knife to death on September 24, 2015 following a fistfight between them.

Police said during an interrogation into a homicide incident, it was established that there had been constant misunderstanding between victim Lamah and defendant Morris that the deceased was aware of her daughter, Ma-Lonkon having sexual relationship with her boyfriend, Alex Karkor.

The police charge sheet revealed that Ma-Lonkon was allegedly pregnant for Alex and Police said on the night of September, 24, at about 9:30 p.m., a heated verbal exchange of insults between the deceased and suspect Satta resulted into a scuffle.

As a result of the scuffle, police noted that suspect Satta sustained a cut on her ear after being allegedly bitten by victim Weedor.

“They were later separated by some neighbors who intervened. Defendant Satta who was still harboring malice went to inform her brother, Darkina Morris that she was wounded by the deceased,” police said.

The police pointed out that Darkina who was allegedly armed with knives, went to attack Weedor and her family at their house, which is about 10 minutes’ walk from the defendant’s house.

Police said upon arrival at the deceased’s house, suspect Satta’s brother Darkina immediately attacked Weedor’s son, identified as Johnny Lamah and stabbed him with the knife and the blade of the weapon broke in his flesh.

“The assailant fled the crime scene to an unknown destination,” police added.

The investigation established further that while Weedor was standing outdoor explaining to a neighbor identified as   HajahKarkor about how Satta brought people to attack her at her house, suspect Satta allegedly rushed on the victim unnoticed and stabbed her at her esophagus.

She later died upon arrival at the John F. Kennedy Hospital.