Fire Guts UL Radio Station

By Jefferson D. Tweh

“Lux FM,” the radio station at the University of Liberia, under its Mass Communication Department on Capitol Hill was last Saturday engulfed by fire leaving several properties damaged.

Some eyewitnesses told this paper that the fire was caused by electrical fault and that was buttressed by a presenter of Radio Monrovia 92.1 FM, Mr.SekouSirleaf that indeed the fire was caused by electrical fault.

He said he was having an entertainment show at the radio station and five minutes for the show to end, fire engulfed the station. He lamented that the fire has really created a serious setback for the station to get back on air at the soonest possible time.

Our reporter who went on the scene said some firefighters of the Liberia National Fire Service were seen frantically fighting to extinguish the fire which they did after many properties had already been destroyed.

He said if the Liberia National Fire Service had not gone to the scene, the entire Mass Communication Department would have been in ashes.

Comments

comments

coming soon