Fire has again rendered several persons homeless and thousands of dollars worth of properties destroyed this time on 10th Street in Monrovia. The incident occurred early Tuesday morning when a three-bedroom apartment was gutted by fire that lasted for several hours.
The incident according to our reporter who went on the scene started at about 6:00 A.M. in the vicinity of Love FM Radio Station.
According to an eyewitness account, the fire emanated from a candle light. The eyewitness told this paper that the incident occurred when a little girl who is an occupant of the building lit a candle after the Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC) current went off.
The eyewitness said further that during the fire hazard, the apartment neighbors alarmed while others went on the scene to help extinguish the fire.
Officers of the Liberia National Police (LNP) and the National Fire Service subsequently brought the incident under control with no report of casualties.